Researchers attend conferences, courses and workshops to build their knowledge, gain new skills and share their findings, but obtaining funding to attend events can be very difficult, especially for researchers based in low- and middle-income countries (LMIC). That’s why we have recently trialled a new programme to offer EACR Researcher Development Grants.
We have now awarded 14 of these grants to help EACR members based in countries with a low- or middle-income economy who need financial assistance to attend a workshop, course or conference that will support their career development and research advancement. EACR Researcher Development Grants can be used to attend EACR conferences as well as courses, workshops and conferences offered by other organisations.
- Hedda Michelle Guevara-Nieto, PhD student at the Instituto Nacional de Cancerologia in Colombia
- Lamia Aboelnasr, Assistant Lecturer in pathology and a pathology trainee at Menoufia University Hospitals in Egypt and the UK
- Buddhi Prakash Jain, Assistant Professor at the Mahatma Gandhi Central University in India
- Anurag Kumar Singh, PhD student at the National Centre for Biological Sciences in India
- Fatemeh Madani, PhD student at the School of Advanced Technologies in Medicine at Tehran University of Medical Sciences in Iran
- Misagh Rajabinejad, PhD student at Mazandaran University of Medical Science in Iran
- Ariwan Saeed, Senior Radiation Oncology Resident at the Zhianawa Cancer Center in Iraq
- Akbar Shoukat, Research Associate at Aga Khan University Hospital in Pakistan
- Alican Kuşoğlu, PhD student at Koç University in Turkey
- Banu Iskender Izgi, Associate Professor at Kocaeli University in Turkey
- Sena Nur Özkan PhD student Koç University in Turkey
- Zeynep Erten, Research Assistant at Doctor Eskisehir Osmangazi University in Turkey
- Didem Seven, PostDoc Researcher at Yeditepe University in Turkey
- Taras Zadvornyi, Researcher at E Kavetsky Institute of Experimental Pathology, Oncology and Radiobiology, National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine in Ukraine
We will be accepting applications again in 2024!