About The Cancer Researcher
The Cancer Researcher is an online-only magazine for the cancer research community from the European Association for Cancer Research (EACR). We publish inspiring and insightful content on topics that are of interest to cancer researchers across the world. We aim to engage, inspire and inform. Summaries of the latest research news, practical tips, light-hearted tales of experiments gone wrong, advice from top scientists – we’ll publish whatever researchers want to read. We also invite content submissions from cancer researchers who have an interest in science communication, writing and blogging, to make The Cancer Researcher truly collaborative – just like great science. AstraZeneca has provided a sponsorship grant towards this independent Programme.
When you write for The Cancer Researcher, these guidelines are what we believe make the ideal article/blog:
- Ideally an article will be 450-750 words in length
- Include your name, job title, institute/affiliation, and a short 50-75 word summary about yourself and your research
- We welcome articles written jointly by several lab members
- You’re more than welcome to submit something you’ve already posted elsewhere as long as it’s acknowledged
- Please send your article as a Microsoft Word file
- Please add up to 3 or 4 high quality photographs (GIFs are also welcome) – including a photo of yourself! (Send separately from the Word file and make sure they comply with copyright)
- Provide links to your social media so people can interact with you about your article
- Put your personality into it – we love it when people’s passion shows in their writing
Please email submissions to email@example.com
What is the European Association for Cancer Research (EACR)?
The EACR is Europe’s professional membership association for those working and studying in cancer research, with more than 10,000 members worldwide. Our mission is “The advancement of cancer research for the public benefit: from basic research to prevention, treatment and care.”
What does the EACR do?
We provide a wide variety of services to our community of members, organise scientific conferences of the highest quality, and facilitate communication and collaboration within the cancer research community. We also set out to raise the profile of cancer research in Europe and to make the case for the need for sustained political and economic support. Visit our main website: www.eacr.org