At the Virtual EACR Congress in June, we gathered senior editors from top cancer research journals for an insightful discussion about scientific publication.
Professors Alberto Bardelli & Caroline Dive chaired a discussion panel with seven editors from some of the top cancer research journals.
The editors answered questions from participants about a diverse range of subjects such as preprints on bioRxiv.org, ‘scooping’, how to be a reviewer, the reasons why papers are rejected, how can you improve your chances of publication, double-blind reviewing, what happens when reviewers disagree with each other, and lots of other fascinating topics!
The editors who joined the panel were:
- Steve Mao Cancer Cell
- I-mei Siu Cancer Discovery
- Sara Hamilton Cell Reports Medicine
- Roshan Ahmed Genome Medicine
- Alexia-Ileana Zaromytidou Nature Cancer
- Javier Carmona Nature Medicine
- Yevgeniya Nusinovich Science Translational Medicine
EACR members can watch all of the recorded sessions from the EACR 2020 Virtual Congress in our virtual events video archive.